courier-imap and windows mail client

I just install courier-imap on my system to let my dad receive mail on
it.  The documentation is exceedingly sparse.  I couldn't even find
any mention of where it expects the folders to be.  I managed to work
out that I need a symlink from ~/Maildir to /var/mail/$USER.

Is there any way I can change it to use /var/mail/$USER for the INBOX
and normally-named directories under ~/Mail for subfolders?  I found
that if I create a subfolder named "foo" it will be stored in

I also need recommendations for a win32 mail client that can handle
IMAP and preferrably gpg/pgp.  I've heard good reports in the past
about Pegasus, but how is it for gpg?  Here's the list of win32 MUAs
I'm familiar with :
   Lookout/Lookout Express  (never!)
   Lotus Notes              (not a chance!)
   Netscape Messenger       (works but not the greatest, slow and bloated)
   Eudora                   (is it ok?)
   Pegasus Mail             (supposedly good, never tried it)
   The Bat!                 (don't know much)
   mutt                     (yeah! ;-), but not for my dad)
   gnus                     (? if emacs runs ..., not going to happen either)

Pride only breeds quarrels,
but wisdom is found in those who take advice.
        Proverbs 13:10