how to keep packages in synch across the lab?

I have a problem that has been vexing me for some months now ...

I administer a smallish lab of machines all running debian.  I'd like
to know how others handle the chore of keeping the same revision of
packages installed on each machine.

I'm using one machine as the "master installer" --- I use it to run
dselect/apt and choose the packages to install.  Then I'd like the
packages to magically appear on the other machines.  [Well, unless
it is an older machine with less disk space...]

Even a partial solution would be useful: is there a tool that will
mail me a summary each week that lists the package changes that
I made to the master install machine -- the packages upgraded, removed,
or installed.

All suggestions appreciated,
-Steve

--