Re: Malformed mail headers -- missing linefeeds?

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 10:15:59AM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> I'm seeing malformed mail headers today.  Just ran an apt-get
> dist-upgrade on unstable, not sure if that relates.
>
> I'm seeing the 'Date' header appended with whatever header follows it
> immediately.  In this case it's the 'From' header.  Missing subject
> lines are also noted:
>
>     Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:01:00 +0100From: Patrick Kirk <patrick@kirks.net>
>     To: Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org>,
> 	    Debian User <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
>     Subject: Re: Spamassassin tests help please
>
> Processing here is:
>
>    ISP's pop server (Netcom/Earthlink) => fetchmail => exim => procmail
>    => spamassassin => folder.
>
> ...I'm a bit suspicious of spamassassin or Earthlink.
>
> I am *not* using the stripcr option in fetchmail.
>
> Anyone else seeing similar?

No problem here.  In your message delivered from the list the Date:
header has a newline at the end, before the From: header.

I'd be "suspicious" of spamassassin as well, since the
implementation is crap.

Mail processing here is sendmail -> procmail -> isync -> mutt

-jwb