Re: How to speed up fetching mail

begin  Karsten Heymann quotation:

> fetch every day). Now how can I reduce the online time? Is there some
> way to scan/sanitize the mail in background? Or at least fetch from the
> accounts parallelly? I tried retchmail from unstable but it somehow

Ok, first off, change your name; one Karsten is enough.  :-)

If you want to parallelize fetchmail, make four config files, and run
four fetchmails, each with the -f option; or just pass each all the
parameters on the command line, although that's bad because of
passwords.

If you want fetchmail to run in the background, use the -d option to
make it a daemon.

Combine both for parallel daemons.  Don't forget to kill the daemons if
you're using dial-on-demand, or set a long time period on -d, or they'll
nail up your connection.

--
Shawn McMahon                    | McMahon's Laws of Linux support:
http://www.eiv.com               | 1) There's more than one way to do it