OT: Recommendations for a mail-list client]

Evening all.

Let me preface this slightly OT mail by explaining why I'm asking this
on deb-user.  I'm asking for suggestions for a simple mail-shot client
for windows, so that I can pass this on to a friend of mine.  He's
quite "into" the internet, with all the connotations that those quotes
imply.
I get the impression that if I manage to help him now, then I'll get a
foothold in helping him start up his new idea, but if I don't he'll
just go the whole way on his own, in merry M$ ignorance.  So, in
essence, I'm asking for windows recommendations in order to keep the
possibility of opening his eyes to linux, later on.

That said, could anyone give me a recommendation for the following
task to be completed /under windows/:

He'd like to send out a weekly mailshot to a list of subscribers.
He doesn't want to expose subscribers' addresses to the rest of the list.
He'd like /not/ to use bcc's, as he sees them as "quite amateurish" (I
know - I've tried to get over the "who cares?" PoV)
He'd like each subscriber's name/address to appear in the To: header.
He'd like to manage the lists as simply as possibly.
He's got a domain name, and everything@hisdomain.com gets passed on to
his ISP.  I think that there'll be the trace of what "eveything" is,
in the headers (so we could use a list-subscribe@...,
He'd like still to use LookOut Express as his personal email client,
leading me to believe that whatever software we use will have to
examine the POP3 mailbox headers, and selectively fetch, delete, and
deal with list-related mail before he uses LO to get his personal mail.
He's not connected 24/7, so it can't rely on mail going straight to him
- it'll have to go via the ISP.
/I'd/ like him to have the ability to use subscription confirmation
somehow.  Possibly a Reply-To: set to
confirm-<unique-code>@hisdomain.com in a mail to new subscribers?

Please bear in mind that I'm doing this only 'cos I think that,
sometime in the future, he'll be ripe for turning to the Penguin.
Suggestions for doing it under linux would be useful, but only for
future reference.  Anyhow, I know how to use majordomo :)

PS I know this guy, and can vouch that he won't be spamming - it'll be
list subscribers (and not that "you are on my list of opt-in addresses"
bollox) only.

--
easy now!