spamassassin's whitelist_to not working...

Hello.

I'm using spamassassin (2.20-1 from sid), an just noticed a problem with
the whitelist_to. I'd like to whitelist_to my root address (root@socrates)
because some packages will send mail ot that address, but it doesn't seem
to be working.

1) If I whitelist_to something like

   whitelist_to   *@mpcnet.com.br

   (and other domains where I can get mail)

   it works fine, and I can see the tag in the mail header showing that the
   USER_IN_WHITELIST_TO test was successful;

2) Now, if I do:

   whitelist_to   root@socrates

   the test fails, and the message will go to my spam box... (I don't
   know why)

3) And the funny part: if I whitelist_from root@socrates, it works
   (USER_IN_WHITELIST is there);

Here's one example of mail not whitelisted: I've forged the From header
to look like "root" only, and sent the message to "root@socrates", which
was in whitelist_to. This is quite similar to what happens to the mails
sent by the packages.