leafnode & kupdated

Greetings:

I've just installed Woody and am in the process of setting it up. I have
two issues/problems that I hope this list can help me with.

1/ My system hangs periodically, everything freezes. Running, top the
culprit seems to be kupdated. What package do I need to remove, to be rid
of this beast? I assume it's part of KDE [which I don't use anyway] just
need the libs. Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

2/ I installed leafnode. I'm used to running and setting it up on other
boxes and I don't like `dpkg configure' setting it up for me - it's not
doing it the way I wish. How do I prevent this tool from configuring it
for me? It does't seem to give one the option to say no...

Thanks!

--
SDA
ICQ 35454764