Re: plog messages tell me what does it mean

On Thursday 25 April 2002 08:22 pm, faisal gillani wrote:
> as i told earlier that i cannot dial using pppconfig i
>
> i type pon <connection name > &  nothing happens ....
>
> here is what is present in the plog
>
> server pppd [255] : Terminating on signal 15
> server pppd [255] : Connect Script failed
> server pppd [255] : Exit
>
> can you tell me what does this mean ?

it's looks like your connect script isn't configured correctly to connect to
your isp. try using wvdial from a console to make the connection. you'll have
to configure wvdial.conf with the details of user, pass, and the number
you're dialling. that will output more information that might help better to
indicate what the problem is.

ben