Re: Scwawcaac: I need a little more on apps available for Linux

craigw <craigw@lvcm.com> writes:

> The download version is a full-featured WordPerfect, not crippled or
> time limited.

Well, not quite.  AFAIR, it did not include the font installer and was
limited to fonts it came with (which is crippling in my view).  It was
also based on an earlier code base than the "8.1" which came with
Corel Linux OS.  The version with Corel Linux OS fixed a number of
bugs, specifically really bad performance with images.

That said, it was a better version for authoring than WPO2k/Linux, but
worse at Word imports.

And on the eighth day, we bulldozed it.