Re: Internet Crashes

On Tuesday 23 April 2002 10:10, Lenny Leblanc wrote:
> After about 12 hours the Internet decides to stop working. I can see
> no traces of errors or mishaps in the syslog and not quite sure where
> to look now.
>
> Once the Internet crashes, if I try 'ifdown eth0' and 'ifup eth0' it
> still doesn't affect anything, but when I reboot the computer
> everything is fine.
>
> Any thoughts or ideas on what could be causing this??

The fact that it happens regularly after 12 hours suggests that perhaps
it could be related to leasing time of dhcp. Check the contents of
/etc/dhcpc/config and /etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-ethN.info for "leasing time" or
something alike, the numbers are seconds IIRC.
I don't know much of this issues, but that kind of regularity in the
crashes has been discussed before on the list.

Hope this helps,

--
Daniel Toffetti     ---     'There is no spoon...' - The Matrix
Running Debian Sid version 3.0 with Linux 2.4.13 i686