Re: Updating woody-isolinux.iso using rsync?

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002 14:19:26 +0100, I
<deb-user-200204@zombie.org.uk> wrote:

>I used wget to grab Raphaël Hertzog's woody iso last weekend
>and was going to try it out today, but I see he's released a
>new version.
>
>I've tried to update it using rsync -- I'm an rsync
>virgin:), but everything I've tried has failed. These are
>the commands I've tried:
>
>|rsync people.debian.org:~hertzog/debian-cd/woody-isolinux.iso
>|rsync people.debian.org:/~hertzog/debian-cd/woody-isolinux.iso
>|rsync people.debian.org::~hertzog/debian-cd/woody-isolinux.iso
>|rsync rsync://people.debian.org:~hertzog/debian-cd/woody-isolinux.iso
>
>Is it possible to get the update with rsync?
>Are any of the above commands correct?
>Anyone got a mirror available?

Reading between the lines, it appears that rsync access to
the URL above is not available. However, Chris Lawrence
wrote in MID:20020418104432.GA13650@quantex.lordsutch.com to
debian.testing:

>I've updated the ISOLINUX test image as follows:
> - Updated to woody as of Wed, 17 Apr 2002 19:57:19 UTC
> - Added pptp-linux
> - Added a symlink "woody-i386-1.iso"
> - Added a few records (Application ID, Publisher ID, Preparer ID)
>
>Size:   193101824 bytes
>MD5SUM: 08d438f8e8a994088aaad5b3838e69f8
>
>HTTP:  http://www.phy.olemiss.edu/debian-cd/
>RSYNC: rsync://www.phy.olemiss.edu/debian-cd/

I used

|rsync -Pvvv rsync://www.phy.olemiss.edu/debian-cd/woody-i386-1.raw .

to get it. Although I didn't get the reduced download
advantage of rsync (I had woody.isolinux.iso before) it came
down much faster from this URL than from people.debian
(60kB/s vs 2kB/s) and I'll be able to take advantage of
rsync next time:)

If anyone's interested, I renamed the .raw to .iso and burnt
to a CDRW at 4x using EDCD. It worked beautifully. Rebooted
and can report that it seems to have worked well:)

Thanks to those who took the time to read and/or respond.
--
Brian Greenfield <bri@zombie.org.uk>

Email replies are welcome but only to my 'Reply-to'.
Please don't CC list replies to me.