Re: SCSI Transfer rate

hi ya robert

even if the disks suppose to support 40/80/160MB per sec transfers..
you seldom get close to those ratings...and sustain that transfer speed

- check if you have dma mode turned on in your bios and scsi controllers

- to do more tweeking...
	- check the length of the cables ... too many spares ??
	 ( change cable )
	- if one disk is a scsi2 and another disk is  a scsi3 and another
	is ultra-160 than put different speed disks on different cables
	- partition scheme also affects transfer speeds

- try bonnie/tiobench  for checking actual speed of disk write/reads
	hdparm  for ide disks

c ya
alvin
http://www.Linux-1U.net/Disks/  ide vs scsi transfer speeds