Re: [update] Re: CUPS: now pdf files don't print

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 08:30:57AM -0500, DvB wrote:
> "Eric G. Miller" <egm2@jps.net> writes:
>
> <snip>
>
> > I've gotten more than one PDF file generated/served via some kind of web
> > bot that had trailing or leading garbage (seems to be MS ware related).
> > Trimming the junk in vim, made ghostscript a happy camper.  Perhaps this
> > is one of those embrace extend tacticts?  Maybe, just sloppy
> > programming...
>
> I got it from Penn State's web site... I s'pose it's conceivable that
> some of their less academically oriented departments are generating
> faulty pdf files.

Naw, it was clearly some kind of mime wrapper thingy with a small
description of the file.  Probably like that ms-tnef crap.  I can
probably get another corrupted one, since I forget what the offending
garbage was exactly.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>