sneakernet apt

I'm running 2 separate machines which have no connection between each other.
One (mach-1) has an always on high speed web connection. The other (mach-2)
doesn't. Both running Debian-2.2r5. installed from CD. I want to download
updates on mach-1 and get a copy of /var/cache/apt onto mach-2 (via a win2k
laptop) . I've being doing this but the only way to install stuff is via
dpkg -i. Very slow especially when doing updates such as installing ximian.
I've looked at things like apt-move but that doesn't seem to do what I want.
I would like to be able to turn /var/cache/apt into a proper deb source -
/Debian/dists/main with an auto generated packages.gz

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Steven Satelle
Tac
i60-64372