nvidia Twinview TV wo/ 800x600

G'Day,

I have a NVidia Geforce2 w/tv out video card, im running X4 (recently
updated with the unstable dist) using the NVidia drivers (1.0.2802), gdm
starts X automatically.

Problem I am having is as follows:

1.) I cannot seem to get the TV to run at 800x600 if I am running in
twinview mode (CRT & TV) it will only run at 640x480, if I do not use
twinview I can get 800x600 however.

Has anyone been able to get twinview running on a TV at 80x600 and how did
you do it?

2.) Every now and then X will restart, most of the time it is after
switching from a vt back to X, not a big problem but when I switch back to
a vt after this restart the screen stays in a graphical mode and garbage
is displayed (coloured horizontal lines, and small dots, NO TEXT) pressing
enter will sometimes move the garbage around (getty redisplaying
/etc/issue proberly).

NOTE: It dosnt matter what vt is switched too, they all display the
same... accept X ones (eg. I can load another X and see it, I just cant
see anything in text mode)

How can I avoid this problem (without not using the vt's) and/or is there
a command that will reset the text display mode of a vt so that I can read
it again.

Any help to the above problems would be greatly accepted.

Cheereo,
--
                  \\\
                8(o o)8