Re: splitting an audio file

Hi.
The file certainly would fit on the cdrom, but I thought I had to convert it to
audio. Ok, if I want to play it as a regular audio cd I would have to convert
it, right? But if I just want to play it from my cdrom, can I make a regular
data cd and then play it using ogg123 or some such tool, just as I do on hard
disk? It would make sense that i could do that and if I can't split it and make
a regular audio cd out of it, that's a good option.
thanks.