Re: splitting an audio file

Good day Chery,

> The file certainly would fit on the cdrom, but I thought I had to
> convert it to audio. Ok, if I want to play it as a regular audio cd
> I would have to convert it, right?

Yes. If you want to be able to play it on your stereo you will have
to convert the OGG-files.
As you already thought yourself you will have to convert the OGG
files to some raw audio format (something without headers). Then you
can split the raw audio files and recombine them into your 74 minute
audio CD chunks. Then you can convert them to CDDA format (the audio
format that goes on an aordinary music CD) and finally burn them on
CDs.

> But if I just want to play it
> from my cdrom, can I make a regular data cd and then play it using
> ogg123 or some such tool, just as I do on hard disk?

Yes. If you want to play your OGG files you can do that from any
media. Harddisk, CD, DVD, and probably other medias as well. As long
as you have an OGG player program at hand.

> It would make
> sense that i could do that and if I can't split it and make a
> regular audio cd out of it, that's a good option.

Whether you want to put your sound on ordinary music CDs or want to
play the OGG files off some media is a matter of your personal need.
You can do both.

Have a good day :o)

Best regards
Johnny Ernst Nielsen :o)