Re: fuzzy fonts in menus

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 09:46:17AM +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> CoolClean is the name of the Sawfish theme you are using.  I'd guess
> that you have installed gdkxft -- which anti-aliases the fonts for you.
> If you don't want to configure it (it doesn't have to blur the fonts
> when configured correctly) just remove the package gdkxft.

Hmm. gdkxft wasn't installed on my system, but I installed it, hoping
that it would solve the problem. This package was mentioned in some
other thread.

So basically do I need these packages yes or no. I thought they were
necessary to display the fonts nicely?

jeroen:~# dpkg -l '*gdkxft*'
ii  gdkxft-capplet 1.5-2          gtk+-1.2 anti-aliased font support control p
ii  libgdkxft0     1.5-2          transparently adds anti-aliased font support

-Jeroen-

--
Jeroen Valcke               jeroen@valcke.com