Re: upgrade to ext3 ?

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 02:06:22AM -0700, Paul 'Baloo' Johnson wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
>
> > Just curious (I'm not really into file systems): Why should I want
> > ext3 instead of ext2? Is it speed, stability?
>
> A little of both.

I thought ext3 might be a little bit slower especially under heavy
load.  It has got extra work to do.  But I may be wrong...

Another by product of ext3 is that you will have less disk space
available using ext3 than ext2 - also less than reiserfs.

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "And they questioned Him, saying "...Is it lawful for
      us to pay taxes to Caesar, or not? ...And He said to
      them "...render to Caesar the things that are
      Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."
                      Luke 20:21,22,25