Re: The latest round of antivirus bouncebacks

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 22:07:29 -0700, ben wrote:

>On Wednesday 10 April 2002 09:59 pm, Eric G. Miller wrote:

>> > with reference to ms-tnef, is this a reasonable and workable prohibition?
>> > personally, i 've never been offended by it. is it actually an impediment
>> > on the list?
>>
>> Instead of getting into prohibitions of data formats, which will soon
>> grow into a very long list, just say plain text only.  Regards to
>> ms-tnef, I certainly can't do anything with them, goes to /dev/null
>> immediately (same with html and most mails with attachments).
>>
>> Mailing lists should be treated like usenet, only better ;-)
>
>thanks for the input. so, on attachments, none? some?
>
>  1. no spam
>
>  2. text-only (no html, ms-tnef, etc.)
>
>  3. wrap text
>
>   4. no attachments ?

I have no problem with attachments.  In many cases, where a file is
long, attachments are preferred.  I often have neither the
qualifications nor interest needed to enjoy wading through pages of this
script or that configuration.  I do often benefit from the commentary
and queries though.  If I do want to see it, opening is trivial.

Think of it as an if(), inline a small instruction, put a big one out of
the way.
--
gt
It is interesting to note that as one evil empire (generic) fell,