Re: The latest round of antivirus bouncebacks

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 08:52:02PM -0700, ben wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 April 2002 08:39 pm, Gary Turner wrote:
> > On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 22:17:21 -0400, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> > >begin  ben quotation:
> > >
> > >It's a Microsoft proprietary standard for encapsulation of MAPI
> > >messages.  It's been discussed in this list as recently as yesterday and
> > >today.
> >
> > It has been  referenced, but neither discussed nor described.  This is
> > the first definition of what it is that I've seen.  All I've known is
> > that looking at it raw, it is not text that I can read, so out it goes.
>

>  1. no spam
>
>  2. no html, ms-tnef (?)
>
>  3. wrap text
>
> with reference to ms-tnef, is this a reasonable and workable prohibition?
> personally, i 've never been offended by it. is it actually an impediment on
> the list?

Instead of getting into prohibitions of data formats, which will soon
grow into a very long list, just say plain text only.  Regards to
ms-tnef, I certainly can't do anything with them, goes to /dev/null
immediately (same with html and most mails with attachments).

Mailing lists should be treated like usenet, only better ;-)

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>