Re: alternative web browser to netscape

* Phillip Deackes (gsmh@runbox.com) spake thusly:
> On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 07:51:36 -0700
> Jaye Inabnit ke6sls <ke6sls@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > The last paragraph is indicative of the masses:  "I am not interested in
> > telling web designers ~."  Simply multiply that by your local census,
> > and soon it becomes apparent how horrible problems begin.
> >
> > I *do* take the time to post notes to webmins when I hit a site I can
> > not access without forking over money to M$.  I don't have M$ on my box,
> > and I am going to keep it that way, but I still want to access the info
> > I am seeking.  I don't think that it is asking too much.
> >
> > Apologies if I seem condescending, I don't mean to be.
>
> Not at all. No offence taken.
>
> I am not a programmer. I am an end user. At work I use Windows and can
> access almost every web site going. At home I have problem after problem
> *for whatever reason*.

So use windows, is that so hard?

> If you wish not to access sites written poorly, or using MS code, then you
> are free to make that choice. Let's have a web browser which accesses all
> web sites and I can have my choice too.

*You* want that choice, so *you* go write that web browser.

> The point I am trying to make is that if a large percentage of the world
> is using MS IE-specific code in spite of the best efforts of yourself and
> others, it is surely far easier for Linux programmers to change whatever
> is needed in Mozilla, Galeon et al.

How do you know, you said you weren't a programmer?

... Whether
> we like it or not certain methods or techniques become the norm due to
> sheer weight of numbers using them. This is the way of the world.

<FX src="leftenant Worf">But it is not my way.</FX>

People use computers to do stuff. If your computer does not do
stuff (where stuff = "view certain web pages", for example), why
use it? Use the one that does.

Dima
--
"Mirrors and copulation are abominable because they increase the number of
entities."                                        -- corollary to Occam's Razor