Re: alternative web browser to netscape

begin  Phillip Deackes quotation:

> A bunch of people who wanted to watch films and found they could get more
> VHS films than anything else.

That's AFTER VHS won, not before.

> There is something inherently wrong with the
> notion that the hardware is more important than the software.

There's something inherently wrong with the use of straw-man arguments,
too.

> I was one of
> those who bought into the Grundig/Philips V2000 format - and excellent it
> was too - but I now own two VHS VCRs because it would be pointless trying
> to keep going with Betamax or V2000 in a domestic situation.

I got you beat, I got burned twice; replaced my 3/4-inch Quasars with
Beta.  :-)

> I have a friend who has a really cheap car stereo. He drives around
> singing to his music while I can't bear to listen because the quality is
> so poor. Is he wrong?

FM is already established as a standard.  Internet Explorer web
extensions aren't there, yet.

> be history. The way web content is created is surely unimportant - I just
> want to view it.

And Microsoft wants you to not be able to unless you use Windows.  They
want to own patents on how it's created, so that you CAN'T view it with
anything else.

And you think that's not important.

> In the same way I am not concerned with the way the BBC
> puts together my TV image or the way my TV set decodes it.

You would be if it changed tomorrow, and you had to get new TVs.  And
the new ones only came in hot pink or lime green, because only one
company made them.

--
Shawn McMahon                    | Information may want to be free, but fiber
http://www.eiv.com               | optic cable wants to be one million US