Re: alternative web browser to netscape

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 18:32, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 07:49:01 +0100
>
> "Phillip Deackes" <gsmh@runbox.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 8 Apr 2002 14:22:25 +0200
> >
> > Luca Pasquali <keta@email.it> wrote:
> > > Galeon is the only substitute that I've in mind by now, links rox
> > >
> > > :-) keta
> >
> > Depends whether you do 'real-world' bowsing or not. There is no
> > browser in Linux which can correctly display all web sites thrown at
> > it. AFAIK Konqueror, for example, can't display secure web pages,
>
> That's not true. I'm using it for all my https:// browsing, although it is
> a little strict on what it thinks is a valid certificate.

How have you done that. I just seem to get told that https is not supported
when I try to use konqueror (2.2.2 in Debian Unstable) to view https pages. I
can't quite figure out how I am supposed to get the crypto working. View -->
Security just tells me that SSL is not supported in this build of KDE.
I use konqueror for most of my browsing but always have to switch when I view
any encrypted sites. In fact the only thing I can get my banking to work in
is Netscape 4.77 and in getting True Type fonts to work all text in the
netscape menus is now just little squares. Not that it worries me that much.
I would be quite interested in hearing what you have to do to get ssl to work
in Konqueror.