Re: alternative web browser to netscape

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002 14:22:25 +0200
Luca Pasquali <keta@email.it> wrote:

> Galeon is the only substitute that I've in mind by now, links rox :-)
> keta

Depends whether you do 'real-world' bowsing or not. There is no browser in
Linux which can correctly display all web sites thrown at it. AFAIK
Konqueror, for example, can't display secure web pages, ruling it out for
things like on-line banking etc.. I need to use Opera, Galeon and Netscape
6 to cover most sites, and Netscape 4 is an indispensible backup because
it usually displays those pages the others won't and the print quality is
usually spot on.

I have had many an argument with Linux zealots in the Opera newsgroups who
tell me that Shockwave is a waste of bandwidth, that 'all these graphics'
are totally unneccesary etc. etc. ad nauseum. I understand what they say,
but that *is* the internet for most people, and they (and I) want to do
real things which may have nothing to do with computers.

I long for a Linux browser which I can use for everything. I agree that
Galeon is probably the best at the moment - but it has a way to go.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Debian Linux

/"\