Re: alternative web browser to netscape

That's not true. I'm using it for all my https:// browsing, although it is a little strict on what it thinks is a valid certificate.

> ruling it out for things like on-line banking etc.. I need to use
> Opera, Galeon and Netscape 6 to cover most sites, and Netscape 4 is an
Unfortunately this is true, you need multiple browsers if you want to see everything (konqueror helps to give you a bigger range), but then you've also got sites that refuse to work with anything other than ie.
That's only because there are a lot of worthless/lazy web builders out there. If you try it isn't really that hard to let something comply with w3c standards and to write a script that works on both ie and mozilla (and the sort). But it's a fact that most web builders only think ie. The one thing you can do is try to make the people who paid for such a site understand that they paid for a broken product.

> Galeon is probably the best at the moment - but it has a way to
> go.
I personally like konqueror, but it too isn't there yet...

Grts,

Tim