Re: Building a single user Internet terminal

My suggestion would be to use straight sawfish for a window manager.
It's lightning fast when used alone.  Also you could configure a
shortcut key such as ctrl-alt-esc to shutdown.   If memory serves all
you have to do is replace the gnome-session& in your .xsession with
sawfish&