Re: Newbie:dpkg,dselect,apt?

gob wrote:

Yes it is coming quite clear now. The update is my only path. This minutes Google search gives me hope for getting the dialup going. I had a plan to sidestep this winmodem issue as well, if necessary-I have a PC card modem. Strangely enough, when I was installing Debian for the first time, I had to disable PCMCIA support. The challenges never end! Thanks again for your comments.

Tim

It's been my experience that PCMCIA modems are generally real modems, not win-modems. However, I don't have a great deal of experience with setting them up, especially after the inital install. But I think all you need is the pcmcia package. Then pppconfig should find the modem. Hopefully. Maybe.

Kent