mail retrieval-delivery-sorting

I'm currently using evolution as my email client to work with both a
pop3 and an imap account. I subscribe to several high trafic mailing
lists and use a variety of methods from within evolution to sort my
email etc...

I'm growing tired of using Evolution and I'm wanting to use a text based
client so I can check all my email from one location(my home pc) no
matter where I am.

I want to be able to log into my home-pc and lauch Mutt(seems to be the
list favorite) and from what I've read, very capable.  I'm considering
the following setup... using fetchmail to get my imap and pop3 email,
which will forward email to smtp(exim here), and use procmail rules to
filter the email.

So I'm trying to determine where to start...

I would like to know if I'm forgetting any steps, before I begin..

1) configure fetchmail to retreive the emails
	-I'm assuming I will have to tell fetchmail via .fetchmailrc
	which accounts to forward the mail to? .. or in other words..
	my .fetmailrc for my personal user acount will tell fetchmail
	what to get and who to send it to(which user acount) or will it
	just send the emails to the current user?
2) setup basic exim config.
	-I'm going to have to tell exim to use procmail?
3) setup procmail rules
4) setup mutt to check local mail spool.

I've got no experience using any of the software in question... I'm
smart enough to read the docs... just curious up front about the
interconnectivity of the programs... do I have the basics, of how the 4
programs interact, down...

-any thoughts, suggestions, are welcomed...

-dave