Re: Junkbusting flash ads?

On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 05:24:01PM -0500, christophe barbé wrote:
| On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 09:37:10AM -0600, dman wrote:

| > |
| > | I agree that the abilitie to enable/disable flash in galeon/mozilla is a
| > | missing feature.
| >
| > You can almost do that by (re)moving the plugin's .so file and
| > restarting the browser.
|
| I don't consider that as a usable way to do it.

Agreed, but it does get the job done now.

| I mean the ability to turn on/off the plugin as it is possible for java.
| And without requiring root privilege.

If root doesn't put the plugin in the global plugin folder, and you
use the local plugin folder instead, then you don't need root
permissions.  Only a marginal improvement, I know.

-D

--

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair
and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes.  Instead, it should be