Re: OpenGL dev & NVIDIA driver

I don't think you need mesa for compiling OpenGL apps. If you install
the nvidia drivers the debian way (apt-get install nvidia-glx-src
nvidia-kernel-src) you'll get a -dev .deb with the nvidia header files.

Ionut

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 07:32:02PM +0100, Pac wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've installed the NVIDIA driver for my GeForce3 graphic card, they
> work perfectly, I see the Nividia's logo at the startup of my
> windowmanager.
>
> I've also installed this packages :
> glutg3-dev
> xlibmesa3
>
> to be able to compile my own OpenGL applications.
>
> I can compile but when I try to launch wrong
> pictures appear, the window panel contains a portion of my wallpaper
> instead of displaying what the OpenGL programm contains.
>

> What's wrong ?
>
> Have I really compiled the application linked with the NVidia library
> ?
>

> Best regards
>
> --
> R.Pac
>

> --

* Ionut Georgescu
* http://www.physik.tu-cottbus.de/~george/
* Registered Linux User #244479
*
* "In Windows you can do everything Microsoft wants you to do; in Unix you
*                can do anything the computer is able to do."