Re: dri causing hard lockups?

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 08:30:42AM +0000, Simon Hepburn wrote:
> Try going back to using mga_drv.o that ships with X4.1. Leave
> mga_drv_hal.o in place. Remove mga_dri.so. I'm sure it's not meant
> to be there. See how you get on.

I did that, and it seems stable so far (one night and one day of
xscreensaver).  Of course, as soon as I post this, it will lock up.

However, the "mga_drv_hal.o" file comes from the Matrox drivers
package.  X won't even start if I use the XFree86 mga_drv.o with
mga_drv_hal.o.  So I just tell X not to load the HAL thing.  According
to Matrox's documentation, I really don't even need the HAL library
for what I'm doing.

<shrug>

Thanks for the feedback!
Matt

--
Matt Garman, matt@raw-sewage.net
``I ain't never seen no whiskey, the blues made my sloppy drunk!''