Re: Re[2]: copy protected audio cds with linux ?

On Mon, 2002-03-25 at 15:19, Alan Poulton wrote:
> Monday, March 25, 2002, 1:00:38 PM, John Cichy wrote:
>
> > Now for the dark side... how hard can it be to connect a digital out
> > on the cd player to a digital in on a computer and ...
>
> I was just thinking the same thing.. why not use a home stereo CD player
> and plug it into the Input of your sound card? Then it's being played on
> a non-PC CD player.  It might make individual track ripping more work,
> but it should work.

Then you'd have a degraded analog signal...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| "(Women are) like compilers.  They take simple statements  |
|  and make them into big productions."                      |
|     Pitr Dubovitch                                         |