Re: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host PART II

* Nathan E Norman (nnorman@micromuse.com) spake thusly:
> On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 09:57:13AM -0600, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> > > Curiosity just bit me in the butt.  Where does the .in-addr.arpa come
> > > from?
> >
> > From the way bind works. See e.g. O'Reilly's "DNS and Bind".
>
> Well, er, it's not there because of the way BIND works.  Rather, BIND
> works that way because it is conforming to the standards.  See STD13,
> section 5.2.1 and RFC1035, section 3.5 for some discussion of the
> IN-ADDR.ARPA domain.
>
> Sorry to be pedantic :)

It's OK. I should've said "because that's How Things Are[tm]". ;)

Dima
--
Yes, Java is so bulletproofed that to a C programmer it feels like being in a
straightjacket, but it's a really comfy and warm straightjacket, and the world