Re: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host PART II

On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 01:09:37PM -0800, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:

>     Greetings again:
>
> I have sshd working again after adding an entry in my firewall/router's
> /etc/hosts.allow file, but I am rather concerned that sshd included
> tcp_wrappers without alerting users that are upgrading software via apt or
> dselect!  Unless I missed something,  I always read all the notifications
> during each Woody upgrade.
>
> My question now is this:  do I need to make these hosts_allow entries into
> each of my linux computers?  I still find it very odd that all the other
> computers were able to connect to my firewall/router as it was, and only my
> Woody box was banned from connecting.
IIRC it helps fixing your DNS problem. The real problem is that in
/etc/hosts.deny is ALL:PARANOID set. This entry blocks all hosts that
have an invalid or no PTR record.

Sven
--
Lamer! :)\nLokaler Admin mit enormen Rechten[tm]
[Christian Schneider und Jens Himmelrath in alt.hacker.org-gcf]