Re: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host PART II

Em Sáb, 2002-03-23 às 18:09, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls escreveu:

>     Greetings again:
>
> I have sshd working again after adding an entry in my firewall/router's
> /etc/hosts.allow file, but I am rather concerned that sshd included
> tcp_wrappers without alerting users that are upgrading software via apt or
> dselect!  Unless I missed something,  I always read all the notifications
> during each Woody upgrade.
>
> My question now is this:  do I need to make these hosts_allow entries into
> each of my linux computers?  I still find it very odd that all the other
> computers were able to connect to my firewall/router as it was, and only my
> Woody box was banned from connecting.
>
> The only other thing that might add to the syndrome is that I have a user
> logged (ssh) into my box via the router for several weeks compiling kde3.
>
> shrug
> ke6sls@arrl.net

To which interface of your firewall are you connecting ?

wiht ALL:PARANOID in hosts.deny you will not be able to connect to the
external interface because name/IP won't fit together.

If you connect to the internal interface just check to see if your
hosts file contains your IP/name: it should work if they are.

Michel.