Re: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host PART II

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 09:57:13AM -0600, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> > Curiosity just bit me in the butt.  Where does the .in-addr.arpa come
> > from?
>
> From the way bind works. See e.g. O'Reilly's "DNS and Bind".

Well, er, it's not there because of the way BIND works.  Rather, BIND
works that way because it is conforming to the standards.  See STD13,
section 5.2.1 and RFC1035, section 3.5 for some discussion of the
IN-ADDR.ARPA domain.

Sorry to be pedantic :)

--
Nathan Norman - Micromuse Ltd.  mailto:nnorman@micromuse.com
Gil-galad was an Elven-king.            |  The Fellowship