Re: Re: Re: Re: High powered Debian advocacy?

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 12:32:58 -0500, you wrote:

>On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 02:07:36PM -0800, Noah Sombrero wrote:
>> I have about 60 mb on /usr.  A software installing session could use
>> that in nothing flat.  I have plenty of room on /mnt, but I have to
>> install by hand to get anything there.  Then X doesn't know
>
>Symlinks are your friend.

My simple comment that it is difficult to make use of extra hard
drives with apt has generated a lot more response than I would
have expected, from suggestions about how to work around the
difficulty to defenses of apt and the reasons why it is the way it
is.

My thanks to all who gave advice.

Now I do have a question that I hope you can help with.  The last
time I tried (some versions ago), I was able to mount and edit
a boot floppy.  No longer seems to be true.  It wants me to
specify the fs system type.  I can't find any types in man mount
that work.  Suggestions?

Gleason