Re: High powered Debian advocacy?

Hi Michael!

I'm not sure whether there is much on the net regarding Debian vs. Suse or RedHat or Mandrake(the list goes on...)...

If I was you, I would concentrate on ease of upgrade (as mentioned before by someone, apt-get), Debian policy (things are where they should be, Debian Manifesto (where it all comes from, and why we are the cleanest distro aout there), plenty of debianized packages, and most of them would actually work (mwahahahaha!!!), try doing that with rpm-based distros... still not quite fully successful, and that is why we are discussing all this...

Basically, Debian is a professional, rock-solid, very clean, and true to its principles from the start... and... don't forget the great community!!!
(OK this community thing might not quite work...)...

There are some other great general pointers, some relevant and some not when advocating Linux stuff on zgp.org/~dmarti/linuxmanship/   Not directly related to Debian, but still very relevant to your situation.

Remember, Debian is guilty of two things, a rock-solid stable distro and extremely stable testing...

Good Luck!!!

Davor