Linux & DSL

I finally got my DSL line at home and want to configure potato as a router
for my home network. Reading the "DSL Howto for Linux" document it appears
that I need to a PPPoE client as my DSL provider "Verizon" uses pppoe. I
have a couple of questions though that hopefully someone can answer.

1. Which is the best vs. easiest client to use? I'm still rather new at
Linux and not sure I want to tackle rebuilding the kernel just yet.

2. Do I need my ISPs DNS IP addresses for pppoe? I called the support number
last night and they told me they didn't have that information to give me.

Thanks!
Bruce

Bruce W. Bodnyk
Staff Engineer, CAE Development