fstab mounted windows shares

Question:

In order to mount at boot windows shares I have the following fstab entry:

//Server/sharename /home/Servershare smb username=user,password=password 1 2

In order for this to work, of course, the username and password are in my case, my Domain Username and Password. These are entered in the fstab in plain text.

The problems are evident.
1. There is the issue of safety.
My password is basically available in text format.

2. There is the issue of password changes.
We have an policy whereby everyone must change their password every 4 months, which would mean going in and having to change this every 4 months as well.

Surely there is a way to not have to enter my username and password in the fstab. Or is there?

Thanks for any feedback.

Curtis