Re: tiny mouse howto - console gpm, X and mouse wheel

Carel, thank you for your suggestions. The
wheel is working beautifully now.

> > Well, i reinstalled gpm and install imwheel,
> > because someone mentioned gpm might require
> > imwheel??? My mouse still works, but not the
>
> No imwheel needed!

Okay.

> > A snip of my XF86Config-4 file:
> >
> > Identifier  "Mouse1"
> > Driver      "mouse"
> > Option "Protocol"    "PS/2"
>
> last time I checked, you needed "IMPS/2" here, and you need the
> following:
>
> ZAxisMapping    4 5

This must have quotes, otherwise it will not
parse correctly. So, it should look like:

ZAxisMapping "4 5"

> > Option "Device"      "/dev/gpmdata"
> >
> > My gpm.conf file:
> >
> > device=/dev/psaux
> > responsiveness=
> > repeat_type=raw
> > type=PS/2
>
> I think PS/2 is unknown to gpm, the proper name is ps2, but
> to get the wheel to work I think you need imps2.

I thought that too, but i was confused because X
uses PS/2 instead of ps2.

The reason i hadn't implemented IMPS/2 was because
i thought it was only for USB mice. Perhaps next
time i shall RTFM.

Thank you everyone for your assistance!
(==timothy==)