Re: Re: Lilo and kernel problems

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:38:48 +0000, you wrote:

>Mikko Heinonen wrote:
>
>> Hello !
>>
>> I've got a terrible problem regarding kernel installation. I tried to
>> install a newer 2.4 kernel to the recent stabile (2.2R5) installation and
>> got the system badly messed up. (I compiled kernel couple times and lost
>> the original working 2.2 kernel)

There is a reason the woody is not released yet.  I suspect the kernel is stable,
but the software that supports it has not caught up.  In my case I got all the
way through the installation, apt was saying no pending broken packages, and
found that X had lost all it's fonts, among other things.  X crashed before I
could get things straightened out.  I can boot, but X will not come up.  The
xf86config file is a mess.  Fun, fun.

Gleason