Lilo and kernel problems

Hello !

I've got a terrible problem regarding kernel installation. I tried to install a newer 2.4 kernel to the recent stabile (2.2R5) installation and got the system badly messed up. (I compiled kernel couple times and lost the original working 2.2 kernel)

I installed the newer LIBC6 2.2.5-3 packages before installing and compiling the newer
kernel and now my system refuses to boot up.

My problem is that how do I install the older kernel package and lilo from install disc to the system ? There is no way to install lilo, because of the newer LIBC6.

I think that this is a really bad "feature" in lilo, because it depends on some specific libc version.

Mikko