Re: Where I Can Find OpenSSH+OpenLDAP Documents?

Hello Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au>,

I installed libnss-ldap in woody, copied /usr/share/doc/libnss-ldap/examples/nsswitch.ldap
to /etc/nsswitch.conf.

in /etc/libnss-ldap.conf, the remote ldap server information is defined,
and /etc/nsswitch.conf defines that:

# the following two lines obviate the "+" entry in /etc/passwd and /etc/group.
passwd:         files ldap
group:          files ldap

So it will authenticate the files then, if fails, ldap server, right?

OK. So I added a user "james" on the remote ldap server with some
attributes like uid, uidnumber, loginshell and userpassword,etc. But I
didn't add "james" in my local OS. However, when I ssh my local machine
with account "james", it just doesn't work.

Is there anything I could have missed?