Re: Network Card error

On Tue, 2002-03-19 at 19:56, Alan Poulton wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I'm really new here, so if I left some information out that would help
> you help me, please don't hesitate to ask me for the extra info, and
> possibly how to obtain it.  This is sort of a two part problem. If the
> first part has no solution, then I need help with the second part.
>
> I'm trying to set up Debian as a router/firewall and having problems
> with the NICs. I originally installed Potato, and have upgraded the
					^^^^^^
> kernel to 2.4.17, adding in support for the NIC drivers as I go. For
	    ^^^^^^
> hardware, I have:

If you are really using Potato with a 2.4.x kernel, that is most likely
the problem.  There are those adrian bunk packages that allow you to do
it, but it is an ugly hack.  You really should try upgrading to woody.
Then you should be better off.  After you have done the upgrade Im
guessing both problems should go away.  Try doing the upgrade and then
report back if the problems still exist.

--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."