Re[2]: Network Card error

Wednesday, March 20, 2002, 10:02:09 AM, Scott Henson wrote:

> If you are really using Potato with a 2.4.x kernel, that is most
> likely the problem.  There are those adrian bunk packages that allow
> you to do it, but it is an ugly hack.  You really should try upgrading
> to woody.  Then you should be better off.  After you have done the
> upgrade Im guessing both problems should go away.  Try doing the
> upgrade and then report back if the problems still exist.

How stable is woody?  I'm not a seasoned Linux user, by any stretch of
the imagination, so I don't want to get involved with something where
I'm a beta tester and have to report errors or anything =]

If Woody is stable enough for the average user, or for the average
Router/firewall with IP Tables, Masq'ing, etc, then how would I go about
upgrading to it?

--
  - Alan Poulton (apoulton@telus.net) -
90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at