Re: Racist remarks

also sprach Michael P. Soulier <michael.soulier@rogers.com> [2002.03.19.1346 +0100]:
> > Casper, I think you got a bit carried away.  No-one can be called a racist
> > because they don't like "Windows; Microsoft; Bill Gates; Windows 95;
> > Microsoft Office; Exchange; Microsoft Internet Information Server; Windows
> > XP; DOS; OS/2; .NET; Visual Basic" unless of course they don't like Bill
> > Gates cause he's American. (I doubt that though).
>
>     Lets face it people. We discriminate all the time, in all walks of life.
> Political Correctness has gone too far, to where it's dangerous to even open
> your mouth now. However, simple respect for most people regardless of their
> beliefs and background isn't too much to ask for.

Let's face it people. This is a Debian list and just why was there
more traffic generated on thiss silly racism thread than on the
discussion of RC bugs to get woody out? what's wrong with us, are we
just superficially looking to open our mouths but stop talking as soon
as real work is needed?

i am not a racist. let's cut it out.

*** important disclaimer:
by sending an email to any address, that will eventually cause it to
end up in my inbox without much interaction, you are agreeing that:

  - i am by definition, "the intended recipient"
  - all information in the email is mine to do with as i see fit and
    make such financial profit, political mileage, or good joke as it
    lends itself to. in particular, i may quote it on usenet.
  - i may take the contents as representing the views of your company.
  - this overrides any disclaimer or statement of confidentiality that
    may be included on your message.