Re: Racist remarks

On 19/03/02 John Lynch did speaketh:

> Casper, I think you got a bit carried away.  No-one can be called a racist
> because they don't like "Windows; Microsoft; Bill Gates; Windows 95;
> Microsoft Office; Exchange; Microsoft Internet Information Server; Windows
> XP; DOS; OS/2; .NET; Visual Basic" unless of course they don't like Bill
> Gates cause he's American. (I doubt that though).

    Lets face it people. We discriminate all the time, in all walks of life.
Political Correctness has gone too far, to where it's dangerous to even open
your mouth now. However, simple respect for most people regardless of their
beliefs and background isn't too much to ask for.

    Treat undesirable language in software as a bug. Debian promises to pass
bugs upstream to the developers. That's where our responsibility ends.

    These days it seems like silence is the only politically correct thing
that a person can say.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@mcss.mcmaster.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix