Re: OT: Re: inappropriate racist and other offensive material

On 19/03/02 Casper Labuschagne did speaketh:

> May I point at the Linux community (for the greater part at least) is
> racist, bigotted and prejudiced per se.  To illustrate my point observe the
> reaction of extreme disgust and prejudice eminating from the average Linux
> user when confronted by the following terminology:
>
> Windows; Microsoft; Bill Gates; Windows 95; Microsoft Office; Exchange;
> Microsoft Internet Information Server; Windows XP; DOS; OS/2; .NET; Visual
> Basic ...

    Not quite Casper. Bigotry is a hatred of a race of people (interesting
that we're not just all "human", bigotry is built into the language it would
seem) because they are different. Hating someone or something because it's
different is moronic. We dislike Microsoft because they suck, not because
they're different. ;-)

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@mcss.mcmaster.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix